SANBI Experiential Learning Programme in Cape Town, Worcester, KZN, Pretoria, Mbombela, Roodepoort and Pietermaritzburg
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is offering experiential training Programme for the academic year 2023 in Cape Town, Worcester, KZN, Pretoria, Mbombela, Roodepoort and Pietermaritzburg. The intern will receive a monthly stipends of R4000 during their placement.
Students will gain hands-on experience in horticulture and have a garden/ living collection project for the duration of their programme. The duration of the programme will depend on the requirements of the relevant university placement – 6 months or 1 year placement (1 July – 31 December OR 1 July – 30 June 2023)
Experiential Learning Application deadline is 09 May @ 16:00
Experiential Learning Provider: SANBI
Experiential Learning Location: Cape Town, Worcester, KZN, Pretoria, Mbombela, Roodepoort and Pietermaritzburg
Field of Study:
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture
- South African students who study horticulture (Diploma/National Diploma) are urged to apply.
- Students must be passionate about horticulture, enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Placement is only for those students who still have to complete their required experiential learning. Students who are already qualified need not to apply.
Please select only one location(position) on the attached application form):
- Kirstenbosch NBG, Cape Town (3)
- Karoo Desert NBG, Worcester (2)
- Pretoria NBG (2)
- Walter Sisulu NBG, Roodepoort (2)
- Lowveld NBG, Mbombela (2)
- KwaZulu-Natal NBG, Pietermaritzburg (1)
How to Apply :
Please complete the attached application form. Application should include a full CV, certified copy of ID and academic record, a letter from your academic institution indicating you still need to complete a WIL programme, letter of reference (academic), your goals while training at SANBI and your letter of interest in applying for the programme. Students also need to include a letter from the university stating the duration and requirements for their experiential learning. Submit completed application and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org subject: horticulture work-integrated learning .
N.B.Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.
If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.