|Why work for Payd:
This is an opportunity to join an energetic, fast paced, dynamic, Sequoia* backed, mobile payments company, offering ample growth opportunities and exciting challenges.
- Sequoia played a role in the funding of YouTube, Apple, Google and other exciting companies.
- Career & personal growth opportunities within Payd are unusually high, fueled by a team of A-players whom drive growth.
- At Payd we invest in career development of our people and work closely with you on making your career goals a reality.
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to make your mark on the world? We are a group of highly skilled and knowledgeable colleagues, who challenge the status quo and want to create products that make an everlasting impression on our clients and end users. Our product managers are trying to solve world scale problems and we may be looking for you!
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our A-player team focused on disrupting a $50B+ market. This role is deemed essential to our growth and focused on product management in the channel, connectivity and user application efforts, and will help grow our global footprint within prepaid & subscription services and payments acceptance together with our bank and retail clients.
Key Responsibility Areas:Product Ownership:
- Own part of the Payd product roadmap and oversee the successful definition and delivery
- Make tough priority decisions and trade-offs balancing time, talent and critical business needs
- Work with Marketing and Sales to analyse Payd’s operational markets and conceptualize new product features and services
- Develop Business & Product Requirements, Operational Processes and other relevant product documentation in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams both internal and external.
- Manage product delivery into a series of releases and work with the engineering team to facilitate the rapid and accurate delivery of product features and use-cases.
- On an ongoing basis, manage the P/L across various payd products as it advances through the various stages of the product lifecycle.
- Support the Director of Products in analysing opportunities and developing the relevant artefacts such as business cases, leadership presentation material etc.
- Own the design and delivery of product requirements, and subsequent successful delivery of the requirements
- Own and support the creation of business cases, and present these to direct manager, leadership and Exco as required to move roadmap development and launches forward
- Design and create process documentation required to help collaboration in our expanding organization
- Make sure you have clear and articulated vision, mission and key business indicators and ongoing performance for each of your products and analyse behaviour and identify inhibitors and opportunities
- Design necessary handoff processes with key stakeholders, publish and execute against them
- Define, publish and own metrics as part of product launches and feature development and report on these on a scheduled (bi-weekly) and an adhoc manner as required
- Work closely with Product leadership, Product Marketing and Sales colleagues in relation to developing, pricing, packaging, promoting and positioning of products
- Work collaboratively with the business analysts and engineering teams to ensure successful Go to market execution and launch.
- Represent Payd’s brand within various forums and stakeholder levels (incl. customer executives, decision makers and influencers and internal in Payd)
- Protect the priority of end user and Payd success. Play a major role in negotiating enterprise clients marketing plans and drive the execution of consumer marketing strategies based on empirical insights.
- Conduct market research with the marketing function to fully understand clients, competitors and markets
- Be a strong product leader who can influence, help set vision and product strategy and effectively manage day to day tasks to delivery
- Be aggressive and passionate about product, customer and company success
- Be exceptionally good at creating presentation material, presenting, creating documentation and process development
- Be curious, creative, courageous and a champion of the company and our products
- Have problem solving skills, logical thinking and analytical abilities
- Display foresight, be systematic and provide orderly planning and have relentless attention to detail
- Have solid negotiating skills both internally and externally
- Can both act tactically and strategically
Experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or Business degree / diploma (BBA, MBA, Business Analysis certification)
- Experience working with Agile Methodology, SDLC and Sprints
- Experience working with mobile banking and core banking platforms
- Minimum +5 years’ experience building software products
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Experience writing business requirements for technology platforms, enterprise and consumer facing applications
- Experience managing product P/L is an asset
- Experience managing teams is an asset
- Experience working with core teams remotely is an advantage
- Experience with the Intelligent Network (IN), SS7, USSD and SMS technologies is an highly valued asset
- Experience working for banks, payment networks, mobile banking and mobile money companies are advantageous
- Experience in African markets a plus
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Medical aid contributions
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to payd, a division of Clickatell.