NYDA African Scholars Fund Bursary 2019 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is an organisation aimed at addressing youth development issues. The NYDA’s goal is to help equip South African youth with essential skills – the skills that are required within the work force, to enable them to become responsible and successful citizens of the country.
The African Scholars’ Fund is also aimed at guiding students into the job force, by funding their FET college education.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students within ALL fields of study, who pursue their studies at a FET College, N1 – N6 qualification and certain practical courses.
The bursary award will cover registration fees and course fees only.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- 25 years of age or younger,
- Completed Grade 10 Science and Mathematics (minimum),
- Currently studying or intend on studying full-time at an FET College,
- Studying currently in college, much have achieved a minimum average of 50% for all exams and tests completed.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the NYDA African Scholars Fund Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following documents must be submitted with your application form:
- Matric report/ certificate (certified copy),
- If in college: prior college exam statements of results,
- If in college: current class test results,
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ pension receipts/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased),
- Motivational letter about why you deserve the bursary and your household circumstances (in applicants handwriting),
- Stamped and self-addressed envelope.
Complete application forms and supporting documents must be submitted via post to:
PO Box 294
(No faxed or emailed applications will be considered).
First semester: 31 October annually.
Second semester: 31 May annually.
First trimester: 31 October annually.
Second trimester: 31 March annually.
Third trimester: 31 July annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 689 9094/ 431
Fax: 021 689 9240
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now