Details Of Mangosuthu University of Technology Bursaries 2019
Freestanding, Innovation, Scarce Skills Development Fund Honours Application Process for Support
Extended Closing Date : 31 January
DA Closing Date: 14 February
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and the National Research Foundation (NRF) are pleased to announce an application process for Honours’ and Bachelor of Technology (B Tech) bursaries in in the following funding categories: NRF Free-standing; Innovation and Scarce Skills Development Fund
Historically, students requesting NRF bursaries for Honours’ and final year B Tech studies applied directly to the university where he/she intended to pursue studies. In order to comply with good corporate governance, the NRF is implementing a standardised application form and process for all Honours and final year B Tech students to submit an application on the NRF Online Submission system. Institutions will use a standard score card provided by the NRF to evaluate eligible applications, before selecting and nominating students to take up the allocated bursaries. Awards will continue to be made to institutions through a block grant allocation based on budget availability.
For more details, applicants must read the NRF Freestanding, Innovation and Scarce Skills Development Fund (SSDF) Honours bursaries Framework Document which highlights the eligibility criteria and requirements for the bursaries.
Application and Nomination Process:
- The Designated Authority (DA) closing date for processing applications is 14 February . The DA will process all eligible applications for consideration under the selection process.
- Institutions will recommend students for a bursary award on the NRF Online Submission System, based on the Block Grant allocation to each institution and set equity targets. This process will take place from 20 February to 24 March .
- Recommended students must be approved by the NRF.
- DAs must upload and submit to the NRF, the signed Conditions of Grant (CoGs) and proof of registration (PoR) documents for all approved students, no later than 28 April .
- Unspent or unclaimed institutional funds under this allocation will automatically be cancelled by 30 June .
TOTAL – Mangosuthu University of Technology Bursaries 2019
Total are handing bursaries to students studying towards a formal qualification at either an FET college or a university.
We offer bursaries to x10 learners who require financial assistance for full time tuition at an FET college or a university in order for them to achieve a formal qualification e.g. a certificate, diploma or degree.
The aim of this bursary programme is to:
• Enhance youth development and employability
• Create a pool of talent to feed into the Young Talent Graduate programme
• Create a skills pool for scares and critical skills required by the company.
We offer graduate programme in the following fields:
• Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial and Civil)
• Internal Auditing
• Analytical Chemistry
• Environmental Protection
• Human Resources
• Logistics / Supply Chain Management
• Law and Governance
• Health and Safety
Who Is Eligible To Apply?
Priority consideration for bursaries is given to previously disadvantaged South Africa students who have successfully completed their Grade 12 with a university exemption.
Bursaries are also provided to students in their third year studies provided they have achieved an average of 65% or greater for years 1 and 2 and require funding to continue their studies.
To be eligible learners should not be receiving any financial assistance from another institution or company. Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 23.
What Does The Bursary Cover?
• Tuition fees
• Books and stationery
Applications should include the following information to be considered:
- Application letter motivating why you should be considered for a graduate programme
- Curriculum Vitae with contact details (more than one contact number or address)
- Certified copies of recent academic records / transcript and qualifications (if already attained)
- Certified copies of identity document.
- Proof of registration / admission letter from tertiary institution
- Proof of parents / guardian income
Closing: 30 November
Application form – Mangosuthu University of Technology Bursaries 2019
For the Academic year, only public Universities and Universities of Technology will participate.
This does NOT include TVET Colleges.
Applications for the academic year are open from 15 September 2016 until 15 January .
The Rhodes University Centre for Radio Astronomy Techniques and Technologies (RATT) invites high-flying students looking to get involved in radio astronomy, MeerKAT and the SKA to apply for postgraduate scholarships for .
Deadline: 31 October 2016.
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal interested in pursuing a tertiary
qualification. Click here for more information.
Deadline: 30 October