ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Chemical Industries Education & Training Authority (CHIETA) are the Chemical SETA (Sector Education and Training Authorities), whose aim it is to assist in skills development within the chemical industries sector.
CHIETA was established as a statutory body in 1998 by the Skills Development Act.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Base Chemicals
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Speciality Chemicals
- Surface Coatings
The bursary award will cover the cost of tuition fees, to a maximum of R45 000/ annum for undergraduates students and R60 000/ annum for postgraduate students. Any balance of funds not spent on tuition fees, can be used to cover the cost of prescribed books and other study related expenses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Between 16 and 35 years old,
- Recently completed Matric,
- Passed Physical Science and Mathematics in Matric,
- Studying or intend to study full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Students who are currently studying, must be doing so at a recognised South African tertiary institution AND must have passed all subjects in previous semester/ year.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the CHIETA Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, the latest application form can be downloaded from www.chieta.org.za
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Matric certificate/ final results (certified copy) OR latest statement of results (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (3 months latest payslips: certified copies/ affidavit if unemployed).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
Strategic Projects & WIL Specialist
2 Clamart Road
31 August annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Mahlatse Xinzi/ Princess Moumakoe
Tel: 011 628 7000