How to Apply for Learnerships at NEDBANK
There are certain requirements for being accepted into this learnership:
- Applicants must have recently completed Matric (Grade 12), with Mathematics and English Level 4 or higher (Higher Grade “D” or Standard Grade “C”).
- All must have SA Citizenship
- Applicants must not have a bad credit rating
- You must not have a criminal record. (If you have a criminal case pending against you, you must provide all the details when applying.)
- Candidates must be willing to study and stay in the province in which the learnership is offered
- Applicants must be previously disadvantaged
The ITBLP is aimed at providing full scholarships for advanced Information and Communication Technology training to previously disadvantaged matriculants and graduates with a flair for technology.
The ITBLP courseware includes specialization courses such as System Development, COBOL, IBM Mainframe, Security, Web sphere, and Networking.
The Learnership Programme is for a period of two years (24 months) and consists of:
About 50% of the training will consist of theory. This instructional training will take place at an accredited venue that will be specified by Nedbank.
- Theoretical training will take place over the first 12 months of the learnership
- Successful candidates will be housed in residence at the training provider while completing the academic component
- Group Technology will pay for learners class fees, books, and residential fees
The remaining 50% of the training will be a 12-month practical workplace (on-the-job) component
- All learners will be placed in Group Technology where they will be provided with the opportunity to practically apply what they have learned on Campus
- Learners will receive a monthly allowance for the duration of the learnership
Once the learner has successfully completed both the theoretical (instructional) and practical (workplace) phases and submitted a final Portfolio of Evidence (POE) that has successfully undergone external verification, a National Certificate: Information Technology will be issued.
There is a good chance that graduates could be employed on completion of the learnership, but this is not guaranteed.
The learnership contract is a legally binding contract and any irregularity or violation of the terms of the agreement will be dealt with in accordance with Sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
Nedbank Learnerships Application Process
In order to apply for the ITBLP Learnership, you must complete an application form in your own handwriting.
- You can get the Application Form from the Nedbank website and more information on their learnership program.
- The Nedbank website address is www.nedbank.co.za
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. Information Technology Learnership Programme)
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
Nedbank Learnerships Information
As there are different learnerships offered by Nedbank, it is best to regularly check on the website whether there is an open learnership for which you are qualified for, which you can apply to.
Aslo See Details on NEDBANK Learnerships Here